Tuesday, July 27, 2010

White Eagle



I love exploring new places I've never been to before. It makes me feel like I'm on vacation even if it's relatively close to home. Saturday's wedding of Tim and Christa brought to the White Eagle Conference Center in Hamilton, NY. I've shot weddings in Manlius and Cazenovia, but this brought me farther east in to uncharted territory.
Even though Long Island is a concrete jungle, there is the occasional oasis of tranquility. One of those places was just outside of my neighborhood, tucked between Jericho Turnpike and Route 106. There was a Quaker Meeting House on Old Jericho Turnpike dating back to the 1600's. One of the founders of Jericho and Hicksville, Elias Hicks is buried there. Ironically, he also had a hand in founding the hamlet of Farmington up here in the Finger Lakes just north of Canandaigua.
The White Eagle Conference Center reminded me of that old Quaker Meeting House. There was a small colonial like village there, complete with a saloon and an old church. Tim and Christa had there ceremony in the church. Before the ceremony, we walked around the small village and did photos among the old buildings and including a covered bridge.
Tim and Christa wanted something different for their wedding. They certainly found it nestled in the hills of Central New York.


















No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust