Thursday, December 31, 2009

Foot Ta Bing



As I sit here waiting for the ball to drop, I can't help but reflect on the year 2009 ended up being. I reread my post from January 1st, 2009 to see how close the year came for the hope I had come in to it with. There were ups and downs this year, but overall I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. We cleared the hump on the recession in good shape. We planted a lot of seeds to make the future flourish both economically and personally. We've made new friends this year and reconnected with old ones. I've developed a spiritual awareness this year that I've never had before. The inner comfort that has resulted I hope makes me a better person to those around me, especially as a father and husband.

On a way more superficial level, in 2009 I discovered the iPhone, quite possibly the greatest toy I've ever owned. I even have a new word in my vocabulary because of it. "Foot Ta Bing". This is the noise my phone makes when I receive a text message. It's one of those noises that must be followed by everyone in my family saying "Foot Ta Bing."

It is on that note that I wish you all a great new year. I hope you live your life with a lot of friends, a loving family, and a smile. May you be carefree enough to say "Foot Ta Bing" out loud in a crowded elevator.


No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust