Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Sluggishness



Normally I start the year with my new resolutions, but I've been a little slow this year. It's partly because I'm happy with last years resolutions of being a better father and husband, along with actually following through with it. I'm not saying I was bad at it to begin with, I just always want to aim higher in that regard. Is there ever a time to say yeah I'm good enough at being a father, I don't need to be better? As for being a better husband, there is always room for improvement. I'm a guy.

I do have a few new resolutions I want to make a part of my life. I have a habit of going through life by the minute. I leave enough time to get a task done with no room for error. When little things impede my progress, like catching a red light, or all of them for that matter, my blood pressure starts to rise. I don't want to live like that anymore. I need to add an extra hour to each day just as a cushion to allow things to run more smoothly.

One of the other resolutions I have is to lead by example. I can't expect people, like my kids or employees to act a certain way if I don't hold myself to the same standards. It's so easy to tell my kids to put away their clothes, meanwhile I typically pick my clothes from the folded pile waiting to be put away in my room.

Last, I want to continue my philosophy of living with gratitude. Recognizing the blessings I have in my life is a very powerful tool in choosing my path for the future.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust