Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lisa and Seth



After getting home from last night's wedding at midnight, I was up at 3:30 a.m. to drive to Philadelphia for my cousin Lisa's wedding. The wedding took place at the Pen Ryn Mansion on the shore of the Delaware River just north of Philly. It reminded me of a southern plantation. The roadway leading in to the mansion is hidden in the trees with a lush, green carpet of vegetation covering the forest floor. It looked surreal as if we turned off the highway and drove in to a fairytale book. Lisa and Seth had a beautiful Jewish ceremony under the chupa on the back lawn of the mansion. I recently posted how after many weddings I feel like family, but this time I actually was. It was great to see my family, who is scattered all over the Northeast and South Florida. My grandparents made it up from Florida for the wedding. It was my grandmother's 94th birthday today as well. My grandparents celebrated their 73rd anniversary this past year. I also got to see my mom who is in the midst of a cross country RV journey.













No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust