Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blurring the Lines



I don't do much advertising. My website at Cheslerphoto.com has been the cornerstone of my marketing for the past 10 years thanks to Ellen from Lake Effects Web Design. Two years ago I started blogging and it has revolutionized how I get the word out about the studio and my personal life.
The two seemed to compliment each other very well with the website being like an online billboard and the blog being more like a diary.
Now Facebook joins the mix with a much more casual approach but one that seems viral in it's ability to contact massive amounts of people in a short amount of time. Last night I set up a page on Facebook for Chesler Photography. Chesler Photography Facebook Page
I also set up an account with Constant Contact to do an eNewsletter for the studio. There are so many avenues of social media at my disposal it's starting to become overwhelming. The lines are blurring between the website, the blog, Facebook and the others. Do I do a blog post or put it on Facebook? Do I do a website update or send it out in an eNewsletter? The website is still the destination that all my marketing funnels down to. I have no idea the direction things will go, but I will embrace each one and hang on for the ride.


No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust