Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sarah Shoots, She Scores!!!!!!!!

It's been two years in the making and the stars finally aligned today for Sarah to get her first career goal in a game vs Olean. She switched over to left wing for her last shift of the game. She came in to the offensive zone, picked up a loose puck by the left face off circle stepped in and took a wrist shot, beating the goalie through the five-hole. She got leveled just after shooting so she never even saw her own goal go in. She looked up, saw the puck in the net and raised her arms in disbelief. She skated over to the bench with me waiting there with my arms in the air. She thought I was going to pat her on the head as she skated by and I thought she was going to hug me which resulted in my clothes lining her sending her flat on her back with her feet flying up in the air. It was one of the greatest celebrations in hockey history. Congrats Sweetie Peetie, or as her teammates call her, "Nacho".



2 comments:

Rich said...

Way to go Nacho!!!! Congrats!!!

I wish I was there to see it. Luckily, you will get many more, and I will see some of them!

Love you!

Uncle Rich xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was there. I'm kvelling. It was totally awesome. Especially when Steven decked her!!!
Sarah, you're perfect!
Love,
Aunt Owen

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust