Friday, February 2, 2007

Lunch time learning

I receive magazines almost daily, from photography magazines and trade publications, to fishing, cars, and catalogs. If you're like me, you have a knee high pile of literature to go through wth all good intentions. There is so much I can learn from each issue of Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, Shutterbug, etc... I love magazines. They offer ten minute snippets of education, insight and inspiration. I have new pact with myself, a new resolution if you're still in the New Year spirit. I am going to use my lunch time as an opportunity to educate myself, while making my wife happy and knocking down the pile. There is so much information out there and I want to take it all in. I feel like a dry sponge hanging above a bucket of water, waiting to soak it all up.

In a little over a month the convention season begins, with a the first stop being the Professional Photographers Society of New York confernce in Niagara Falls, followed by my annual trip to the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International conference in Las Vegas. It is two weeks of pure learning and insane inspiration. Those two events spark my enthusiasm for the coming year like a canon. I come back from those with such a rush it's amazing. That's why I want to do my lunch time learning. I'm becomming addicted to that rush of knowledge and want more than just two weeks a year.

No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust