Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Here's Your Sign


I met with a couple last week for their upcoming wedding. They were both hearing impaired but were able to communicate with me with no problems at all. They mentioned that half of the people attending their wedding have hearing disabilities and wanted to know if I would have a problem handling a situation like that. I told them that I wouldn't have any issues with it. After our meeting concluded, I couldn't help but think how much easier it would be if I knew sign language. The Rochester area has a large population of people with hearing impairments. Whether it's for this wedding or some future circumstance, knowing sign language would be a great asset. I've decided to enroll in a sign language class. I think it will make me a better photographer, business man and a better person in general.

No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust