Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's the Big Idea?


Last Summer my wife went to see a medium at Lily Dale down in Chautauqua County near Jamestown. I'm torn between being a skeptic and believing in it. I want to believe, but I've never experienced it first hand, so I have a rough time with it. One of the things the medium mentioned was that I was going to come across something business wise that was going to change the direction of my business. Naturally I was intrigued. She said it was going to happen in January. The thought of it popped in to my head now and again, but I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for it. January came and went without any Earth shattering revelation, however, in hind sight, there were probably a dozen things I could look back on and say maybe that's what she was talking about.

 I'm still waiting for the Big Idea. It doesn't have to be big in size. Take the paper clip for example, something so small has changed the face of paper work across the globe. I'm not even sure why I'm searching for the idea so strongly. I love what I do, I'm just getting tired of the roller coaster ride of having a busy season and a slow season. I don't want the stress of the slow season anymore, so I'm looking for the idea maybe to fill the gap. The photography industry is evolving at such a fast pace that if you don't evolve along with it you get left behind. I'm not content to just merely evolve with it, following the trends. I want to lead some of the evolution. Now if only I could figure out how to make an iPad.



No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust