Tuesday, April 26, 2011

James and Leigh E-session



April 1st, which is opening day of trout season, is very exciting for any fisherman in the Finger Lakes. It's when all of the streams that feed the southern end of the lakes get runs of Rainbow Trout. The season kicks off with the Naples Trout Derby on the south end of Canandaigua Lake. I fished opening day there once but I wasn't crazy about the elbow to elbow combat fishing. This year I skipped opening day since I was heading down to Ithaca on April 3rd to photograph James and Leigh's e-session, so I figured I would hit Falls Creek that empties in to Cayuga Lake.

I finally met up with James and Leigh after trying to connect with them several times down in NYC between Thanksgiving and April. We were cancelled several times due to medical emergencies, blizzards and even an early baby. We decided to meet in Ithaca instead and the weather was perfect. We did photos at Buttermilk Falls and in Robert Treman State Park with the help of my son Cade. Cade was not only my human light stand, holding the wireless flash when I needed him to, he was also the certified dog watcher for their little pug. At least I think it was a pug. Nevertheless, we had a great time and the photos came out cool against the backdrop of one of the most spectacular water falls in the area.










No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust