Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Taste of Mexico



Birthday's seem to revolve around eating. I think I gained ten pounds today, but it was worth it. I went to lunch today with Sue and Ellen at Rio Tomatlan, an authentic Mexican Restaurant in Canandaigua. I've been there many times before, and each time I go, there is new art work hanging on the walls, and the decor brings me south of the border. When I went in today, I was blown away by the new art work that was completed last week. I took some photos with my iPhone to share with you, but you really have to go in and see it for yourself. The food is excellent as well, so pull up a chair and stay a while. I don't know who the artists are so forgive me for not giving them due credit.
I started going to Rio Tomatlan in 2007 after returning from my trip to Mexico City to shoot a wedding there. In Mexico, I discovered Tacos Al Pastor, which is a taco on a corn tortilla filled with shaved pork and other things, then topped with diced pineapple. It was amazing. I have not been able to find it at any Mexican restaurant up here, but after filling out the suggestion cards at Rio Tomatlan, I received an e-mail from them that they were making it as a special that week for me. It was an amazing gesture at a very difficult time. It was the same week that we lost Sandi. We were all gathered at my sister-in-laws house, so my sister Ellen went out and picked up 6 trays of Tacos Al Pastor to feed everyone there. It was a bright spot in a dark time and a gesture I will always remember. Thank you Rafael.







No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust