Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Reveal


Seeing my wife come through the French doors at La Galleria Restaurant in Orchard Park as she made her way down the aisle toward me made my heart sink. I whispered to my brother who was standing next to me as my best man, "I think I just fell in love again." She looked so elegant, like she was gliding on air. Before I knew it, the moment was over. We were married in a blur. 

 As a wedding photographer, the more time I have with the bride and groom the better. With so many of our weddings at a single venue for the ceremony and reception, we're not left with much time between the two. More and more we are doing what's called a "Reveal", where the bride and groom see each other a few hours before the ceremony, allowing us to spend plenty of time with them without taking them away from their guests. They still get ready separately and then we have them meet in private to see each other for the first time. It's very emotional without all the pomp and circumstance of the ceremony to attend to. It's just the two of them, soaking it all in. 

 On Friday I photographed the wedding of Sara and Sourabh at Belhurst Castle. Their reveal was so cool you could feel the excitement bursting from them. We had a great time going down to the dock and train tracks along Seneca Lake below the castle. We were even lucky enough to time it right for the train to come by for a great photo opp. Sara's dress was a really cool renaissance style that would catch the wind perfectly. She had so much fun playing with it like she was on the bow of the Titanic. Sourabh had some fun of his own, taking one of my cameras to photograph his beautiful bride. It was a great way to kick off the busy wedding season.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara and Sourabh!!!

Many Congrats to you. We love you so much!!!!!!!!

Hugs and Kisses,

The Bennetts xoxoxoxoxo

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust