Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#3



At the end of April, I took my son Cade to Justin Haers modified stock car garage in Phelps. Justin runs at Canandaigua Speedway on Saturday nights along with a multitude of other tracks throughout the season. I photographed Justin and Melanie's wedding last spring and since then my business name has been on the car as one of the sponsors. Justin won the feature race at Canandaigua a few weeks ago. I wish I could have been there to see it.
I wanted to photograph the car in the garage to try doing a technique called HDR (High Dynamic Range), blending different exposures of the same photo to get a huge range of detail from highlight to shadow. I don't have the software yet to do it well, so I played with several different software plug-ins to get some cool effects that simulate HDR. Here are some of the results.









No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust