Thursday, November 8, 2007

Incomprehensible Loss

As I sit here typing this, I see my fingers moving, but the magnitude of the loss and grief doesn't seem real. As many of you are already painfully aware of, the murder/suicide that has been on the news for the last 24 hours involved my wife's twin sister Sandi. No words can express the void that has been left in our lives. Not only was she the best sister anyone could have ever asked for, she was also a second mother to my kids, which is a loss of unfathomable proportions to them. All of your thoughts and prayers mean more to us than you could know. The outpouring of support coming through the community has touched our hearts, especially from the students and staff in the Canandaigua School District where Sandi was a counselor. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Those who would like to pay their respects can do so at Fuller Funeral Home on Buffalo Street in Canandaigua this Sunday from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. A funeral service will be held at St. Mary's on Main Street in Canandaigua at 10 a.m. on Monday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, Sue, Sarah & Cade~

My heart goes out to you and all your family!! Please know that you are in our thoughts & prayers. From my family to yours, we love you and are thinking of you!! I remember meeting Sandi at the daycare. She is the reason I was able to meet all of you, and start working with Steve. She was ALWAYS wonderful to my children and she will be missed. Hugs to all of you!!

Amy said...

Steve your family will be in our thoughts and prayers in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Steve and family,
I graduated from U of R's school counseling program with Sandi. All of us in her cohort and the school counseling community are deeply sadded by this loss. The last time I saw and spoke with Sandi was at your studio after my husband and I consulted with you about the photos for our wedding. She had a beatiful smile and such a big heart! You and your family will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Steve, Sue and Family:

You have all been in my thoughts and prayers.

It was always a pleasure working with Sandi when she would assist you at our mutual weddings.

I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain.

Love to you all!!!!!

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust