Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions



Is it just me or does every year seem to pick up more speed? I feel like I just blogged about resolutions and here it is again. My past resolutions have usually been based on the more emotional and spiritual side of my life. I feel I finally have a good grasp on those areas and I would like to keep things the way they are.

As I approach my 41st birthday, I'm discovering that one of my resolutions is the typical cliche of getting in to shape and losing weight. Coaching hockey four times a week and playing once a week apparently isn't enough to defy gravity. I bought a neat doorway gym consisting of some clamps and those stretchy resistance bands. I'm determined to not let them hang from the door and grow mold from lack of us. I do have a fear though that the clamps will one day soon either come loose or snap causing the resistance band to take an eye out.

So now that I've convinced myself that it's too dangerous to work out, I'll move on to my business goals for the year. I want to push the envelope on my creativity. I want to think out of the box with lighting, posing, backgrounds and session ideas. I also want to explore areas of photography that I don't do much of like nature, wildlife and fine art photography. I want to focus more on the art that inspires me. So often I photograph for what I think everyone else would like instead of doing what touches my soul.

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope the new year is filled with peace and happiness in your life, along with the appreciation for the gifts you already have.

We closed out 2010 and rung in the new year with a family game of Nerf Dart Capture the Flag. As we were crawling around the house in the dark, I felt like a kid. Glow-in-the dark tracer darts were whizzed by my head. My heart was pounding from the action. I couldn't help but smile. Life is good.


No comments:

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust