Thursday, February 19, 2009

Being Mom



With Sue on a cruise to Cozumel, I have the opportunity to live in her shoes for the week as Mr. Mom. I am faced with the challenge of feeding the kids semi-nutritious food, making sure they get enough sleep and have clean clothes to put on. So far so good except for Sarah forgetting her helmet for her hockey scrimmage. The house may not be spotless, but I wouldn't be embarrassed to have a surprise visit from Grandma either. I did take the week off from work since the kids are on break this week, so the normal stresses of getting on and off the bus while dealing with a normal weekday schedule are not there. When Sue returns, I think I will have her take my job and I'll continue my Mr. Mom life. I may even take up baking.

To all you moms out there, especially Sue and my mom Sandy Chesler, thank you for all that you do on a daily basis without getting the credit and thanks you deserve. Moms make the world go round.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes mr.dad but not any mr.dad my mr.dad, you are doing a very good job of it. So big deal that for a week we will live off of ravioli and canned soop and maybe your name isnt sue and have long brown hair but you are nobodys mr.dad but MINE.

good luck mr.dad
sarah

Aunt Kare said...

you forgot to mention the twinkee's for dinner last night!!! try a real work/school week while you work your job as well, then we'll talk! Glad that you were able to step up and let sue get away - very sweet - not everybody can do that.

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust