Thursday, August 16, 2007

Robbie's Orange Truck

I had the honor of being present Tuesday night at the surprise unveiling of my fathers great friend Rob Shaw's orange truck. He dropped it of last week before flying out to visit his parents in California. And while he was gone my father, Steve, my husband Mark, and Marty(Marty's Chop Shop in Stanley, NY), neighbor Mark Rossini, and Gregg Cator all gathered forces to pull off this grand surprise!

His wife Kate and my mother Sharon had a little to do with the sneeky-ness as well.
Robbie was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, and he had wanted his truck Hugger Orange just like my fathers. He had dreams, he said "of me and Steve, standing between our orange trucks" Well Robbie, a dream come true.
These 5 guys worked long nights to disassemble, prime, paint, sand, reassemble, and do a bit of minor engine adjustments as well. They were done in less than 7 days. Chip Foose doesn't have anything on these guys!

Congratulations Robbie, enjoy it. It's beautiful!

~Amanda Lee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my big bro! Thank you making it possible for me to see the picture's, wish I could of been there!

Susan (Robs lil sis)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome! Brought tears to my eyes! Way to go everyone! Thanks for sharing, Kate! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous truck!!!! Good job to all involved. That was such a thoughtful thing to do. Congratulations on your "new" truck Rob. Thanks for sharing with us Kate.

Angel

Anonymous said...

To all --
Thank you does not even come close to adequately expressing our immeasurable respect and gratitude to all of you. What a great group of people you are! Rob was absolutely blown away with the truck. It was a moment of absolute JOY for all of us. Kudos to Steve, Marty, Mark, Gregg and Mark for all your time away from your families, and hard work and dedication to get this done for Rob. A special thank you to Amanda for documenting this event, and to Sharon for once again generously sharing your husband Steve’s time for this project. Forever bring a smile to your face when thinking of that day, and know that you made a 30-year dream come true for a great guy, my husband, Robbie.
Much love to all. Kate

Anonymous said...

HI! THIS IS ROBBIE'S MOTHER IN PALM DESERT, CALIFORNIA.....WHO HE CAME TO VISIT WITH PRIOR TO THIS "FANTASTIC" SURPRISE...KATE HAD SHARED THIS WITH ME WHEN SHE WAS HERE...AND NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS OVERWHELMED....TO SAY THE LEAST, I HAVE KNOWN OF THIS DREAM OF HIS SINCE HE FIRST BOUGHT THIS TRUCK. I HAVE WATCHED HIS DREAM GROW AND GROW OVER THE YRS, ND TO HAVE SEEN THESE BEAUTIFUL PHOTO'S OF IT NOW, WAS OVER WELMING....NEEDLESS TO SAY HIS DREAM HAS COME TRUE AFTER MANY YRS, AND I HIS MOM COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE GRATEFUL TO THOSE THAT MADE IT COME TRUE AT THIS TIME IN HIS LIFE.
I THANK GOD FOR "FRIENDS" LIKE THESE THAT COULD HAVE MADE HIS DREAM COME TRUE, AND I ... KNOW HOW HE FELT WHEN HE SHARED THE NEWS WITH ME...HE ISN'T ONE FOR LACKING OF WORDS, IN MOST CASES, BUT THIS TIME HE WAS TRULY, REALLY
TRULY SURPRISED, AND THRILLED AS I HAVE NEVER HEARD HIM BE PRIOR TO HIS PHONE CALL..
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOUR THAT MAKE HIS "BIG" AND LONG WAITING FOR, "DREAM COME TRUE"...AGAIN "GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND IF I COULD HUG ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW I WOULD...SOOOOO HUG YOURSELVES FOR ME...REAL TIGHT NOW! ! !
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, AND I'M SURE HIS FATHER IF HE WERE HERE, WOULD ALSO SAY THANK YOU TOO!
SINCERELY
ROB'S MOM
MARY
PS I JUST NOW GOT THE EMAIL, AND HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU ASAP!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Man, that is one clean machine! Orange is my favorite color and it looks fantastic on the '57!

What a wonderful labor of love and friendship. I am awed by the generosity of your Rochester homies.

Marc Bertone
(Rob's So. Cal buddy forever)

Sign up for our eNewsletter
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust